I was tagged by aboleyn24 — here are the questions she sent me:
1.How many languages do you speak?
Just one, really. I know a teeny bit of French but I’ve forgotten so much that I wouldn’t be able to hold a conversation.
2. Name a movie that would shock most people that you haven’t seen.
Hmm… there are so many! But I’ll go with Captain America: the Winter Soldier. (Movie tickets are pretty expensive here so I’m waiting for the DVD release.)
3. What is your favorite social media site and least favorite?
Right now, I’d say Tumblr is my favorite. It used to be Twitter, but all the social commentary is just draining me. Facebook is my least favorite — too much noise/clutter and too little control over my feed.
4. What is your dream car?
Don’t really have one! I’m content with my little Scion.
Uh-oh, no question 5… not sure what happened there.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People driving while talking on a cellphone. They seem to be everywhere these days and their driving is usually slow or erratic as a result.
7. Are you Groot?
I am Groot! (How did you know?)
8. Do you have any weird food combinations that you love but are ashamed to eat in front of people?
No, unless I’m eating something weird and don’t realize it. :-)
9. Is there a song or two that whenever you hear it, it instantly puts a smile on your face and changes your mood for the better?
Don’t think so… my musical favorites vary wildly depending on my mood.
10. What band or musician would you love to spend the day with?
11. How do you really feel when you get tagged in things like this?
I have mixed feelings — I’m flattered to be tagged, but then I actually have to put forth some effort… :-}
Okay, here are the questions I’m posing:
1. What’s your favorite board game?
2. How many books (roughly) did you read in the past year?
3. What franchise do you like better, X-Men or Avengers? (Yes, you have to choose!)
4. What’s your favorite musical decade (70’s, 80’s, etc.)?
5. If you could live in any time period in history, which one would you choose?
6. How many foreign countries have you visited, if any?
7. Have you ever re-read a required book from school to see if you still liked/hated it?
8. Name a TV series you’d like to see rebooted.
9. Do you believe in luck?
10. Which Harry Potter book did you like best?
11. What’s your favorite Pixar movie?
I don’t actually know 11 people on Tumblr to tag! But here are the few I do know, plus one I follow who might play along: theblackberrybelle littlegreyduck oreyverse cmmehle brightmeadow suddenlydarcy
(And I won’t feel offended if anyone doesn’t want to play… we’re all busy and I know these things take time.)
Old Spice ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
everyone go home this is the best one.
Also apparently they’ve reached over $50 MILLION IN DONATIONS this is freaking amazing ;___;
WHY IS HE SO PERFECT.
MOTHER OF PEARL.
HE’S BACK THANK THE GODS
That was awesome. I’d forgotten how much I love the Old Spice Guy.
Brian Lord.org (via boysncroptops)
We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, “O me! O life!… of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless… of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?” Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
Rest in peace.